With the development of the times, laser cutting technology has gradually penetrated into people’s lives, occupying the trend of the foreign trade market, and playing an important role in the industrial field. It has the outstanding features of fast cutting speed, high processing efficiency, strong flexibility, strong stability and low wear rate.
For laser cutting machines, the laser cutting head is as important as the limbs to the human body. It is the backbone and an indispensable part. It supports red light positioning, automatic focusing, and has a very high degree of precision. Consumable optics included: protective lens, cutting nozzle, ceramic ring, focusing and collimating mirrors.
First, let’s talk about the protective lenses of the cutter:
>> How to choose a protective lens?
- Matching of external dimensions: Only by matching the external dimensions can the cutting accuracy be ensured, and the service life of the cutting head and the protective lens itself can be extended.
- Material selection: According to different laser power, the cost of use should be considered first. K9 and quartz can be selected. In the actual application process, professional manufacturers divide these two types of materials into multiple grades, and customers can choose the corresponding materials according to their actual needs. Specifications.
- Coating: Laser anti-reflection coating, according to the actual cutting environment and laser cutting power, choose the technical parameters of the laser anti-reflection coating suitable for your own.
Although the protective lens of the laser cutting machine is one of the vulnerable parts, during the installation and cleaning process, any sticky matter, even nail prints or oil droplets, will increase the absorption rate of the lens and reduce the service life. In order to improve its utilization rate and service life and reduce production costs, the purpose of reuse can be achieved by regularly cleaning and protecting the lens.
>> Installation & Replacement:
- The protective lens material is relatively brittle and is afraid of falling; pay attention when disassembling and assembling: do not use too much force, and do not collide with hard objects.
- Gloves must be worn to avoid leaving any fingerprints on the lens surface and do not allow anything to scratch the lens surface.
- If you need to replace the lens, please use two fingers to hold the edge of the lens when taking the lens, and do not directly touch the film.
>> Cleaning & Maintenance:
- Selection of cleaning tools: You should choose soft and harmless materials such as dust-free swabs, isopropyl alcohol, and rubber air blowers.
- The wiping paper must be wetted with a suitable solvent and should not be used dry. Considering the softness, the available wiping paper is pure cotton mesh wiping paper or applicators such as cotton balls, lens paper, and cotton swabs.
- Lens cleaning is done by spraying clean tissue, test paper and optical grade solvent onto a dust-free swab.
- Gently pinch the side edge of the protective lens with the thumb and index finger of the left hand, hold a dust-free swab in the right hand, and gently wipe the front and back sides of the lens from bottom to top or from left to right in a single direction, and blow the surface of the lens with rubber air. Confirm that there is no foreign matter on the lens surface after cleaning.
The focusing lens of the laser cutting machine is a consumable item. When the cleanliness cannot be achieved after many times of cleaning, it needs to be replaced to ensure the processing efficiency of the laser cutting machine, so as not to delay the normal work and production.